Most people don’t realize that their sleep position can significantly impact their migraines’ frequency and severity. So they don’t give importance to a pillow that can ensure sound sleep with good posture.
You may be having your worst headaches because you’re sleeping in an awkward position or because your pillow is not perfect for you. Hence, the best pillow for migraine sufferers is that which contours to your head shape. It can exacerbate the pain in some cases because it presses against various points on your skull or face.
Considering the importance of pillows to reduce your migraine pain, we’ve come with some awesome pillows for migraine sufferers.
Let’s start exploring.
Top 10 Best Pillow For Migraine Sufferers Review & Buying Guide
“What is the best pillow for migraine sufferers”- is the most common query of the migraine sufferers as they are most concerned with their pain. In fact, the best type of pillow for migraine sufferers depends on several factors.
Here are ten great options for them-
|Item Weight||1.68 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||20 x 12.8 x 4 inches|
If you want a unique pillow that provides therapeutic support to relieve pressure and promote better sleep, Tempur-Pedic Neck Pillow is the solution. Its ergonomic design follows the natural curve of your body for conforming, personalized comfort.
The expertly engineered pillow relieves pressure and provides customized support throughout the night, returning to shape in the morning. This firm neck pillow material offers proper and comfortable support when sleeping on your back or side.
It comes with the adaptive TEMPUR material that never loses its shape. So it offers superior alignment and comfort year after year. A 4-inch profile makes this pillow perfect for medium frames.
- Help relieve tension in your head and shoulders.
- Innovative engineering that allows adjusting the firmness
- The ergonomic design follows the natural curve of your body
- Provides customized support throughout the night
- Perfect for side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers
- Density is not up to the mark
- Inaccurate dimensions for narrow shoulders
|Item Weight||1.95 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||15.2 x 9 x 6.1 inches|
This is a unique, patented pillow that supports your head and neck in the correct position. EPABO Contour Memory Foam Pillow is created to help people who suffer from neck pain and stiffness due to improper alignment during sleep.
The pillow is designed to align your spine in its natural position while you are sleeping. It offers you an unparalleled level of comfort while sleeping on your side or back.
Therefore you can sleep more comfortably and restfully. This pillow will help you fall asleep faster and deeper, allowing you to enjoy full nights of sleep.
- Comes with the effective and comfortable sleep solution
- Scientifically designed to support the head, neck, and shoulder
- The foam core provides the maximum level of comfort
- Available in Standard and King sizes for ease of use
- Chemical-free safe materials are used for its construction
- Separate order parts have poor consistency
- Too high for short people
|Size||1 Count (Pack of 1)|
|Closure Type||Pull On|
Of course, you want a soft, comfortable, and effective eye pillow that provides relief from headaches, eyestrain, sinus pain, and migraine headaches. IMAK Compression Pain Relief Mask and Eye Pillow are that one.
An orthopedic surgeon created this ergonomically designed eye mask pillow to provide tension headache relief. It is made of breathable cotton material that feels gentle against the skin.
The patented stitching design on this sinus eye mask eliminates direct pressure on the eyes for all-day comfort. Moreover, the long-lasting elastic strap works great for the side sleepers by keeping it in place.
- Cool therapy for your migraine, headache, and sinus pain
- Unique stitch design for your face and eyes
- Great for resting, relaxing, meditation, and travel
- Lightweight beads inside to block the light
- Initial relief from pain and pressure
- The elastic strap is flimsy and not adjustable
- Not durable and long-lasting for serving you
|Brand||Coop Home Goods|
|Fill Material||Memory Foam|
|Fabric Type||60% Polyester, 40% Polyester|
|Item Firmness||Extra Firm|
Tired of your pillow being too soft or too firm? Experience the best sleep with this premium adjustable loft pillow from Coop Home Goods. It is the perfect pillow for side, back, and stomach sleepers.
The Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow is a unique combination of comfort and support. It allows you to customize your own personal balance between the two with our patented adjustable design.
This pillow will help prevent neck pain while providing a comfortable night’s rest. It enables you to adjust the amount of memory foam fill inside the pillow to be perfect for your individual size, shape, and sleep position.
- Customizable to achieve the right individual balance
- Ideal for back, side, or stomach sleeper
- Unique design allows accessing the memory foam fill
- Scientifically certified for a healthy use
- Dust and hypoallergenic resistance for your skin protection
- May get chemical smell after unboxing it
- Squishes easily after using some days
|Item Firmness Description||Medium|
Do you want the best pillow for migraine sufferers? MyPillow Classic Bed Pillow is the original bed pillow that started it all.
The MyPillow Classic Bed Pillow is the only pillow made with patented interlocking fill, giving you the right support and comfort you need. It comes with the standard and queen size. This gives you just that: a classic pillow that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations every night.
This pillow creates a cool sleep environment for best results by creating spaces between each of our patented interlocking fill to allow airflow throughout the pillow while keeping your head comfortably cradled above it all.
- Perfect for neck, back, and head pain
- Unique construction allows air to circulate
- Designed with alternating comfort zones of the firm and soft fill
- The patented interlocking fill gives you the correct support
- Comes in two convenient sizes
- The materials aren’t up to the mark
- Goes flat quickly after some uses
|Product Care||Machine Wash|
The pillow that provides you the organic cooling comfort is none other than ZEN CHI Organic Queen Size Buckwheat Pillow. Buckwheat pillows are traditionally used in Japan and other Asian countries.
It is an adjustable pillow to provide you the ideal position of the neck, head, and spine. You can rest assured that you will be sleeping on a pure organic product with no chemicals or synthetic materials.
Buckwheat pillows naturally relieve the most common problems such as muscle pain, tension, stiff neck, and stress. Its hulls are refillable, so you will get no difficulty adjusting the number of hulls for your liking.
- Great for people who have allergies to foam or feathers
- Hulls conform to your head, neck, and spine for a good sleeping
- Filled with 100% organically grown buckwheat hull
- Naturally relieve common sleeping problems such as stress, tension, etc
- Provide you the natural sleeping position
- Pillows come with poor cover
- Queen-size is too thick and big
This pillow is the perfect choice for side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers. Milemont Ventilated Gel Memory Foam Pillow is an excellent pillow for those who prefer firmer pillows.
The memory foam provides comfort and support while the ventilated gel keeps you cool through the night. The cover of this pillow is made from 100% cotton, which makes it hypoallergenic and breathable to keep your head cool throughout the night.
This pillow has been manufactured with care to provide maximum durability and comfort levels. It also helps regulate sleep temperature, increasing durability, breathability, comfort, and cooling through the night.
- Provides enough thickness dor the neck, head, and spine
- Gel-infused technology adjusts the sleeping temperature
- Designed with the latest design that makes it durable and comfortable
- Comes with a double pillowcase for easy use and washing
- Provides the best support according to your head and neck size
- The cover is slippery
- The smell is terrible
Are you looking for the best pillow to use for side sleeping? The Mkicesky Cervical Contour Memory Foam Pillow is the ultimate contoured pillow that will give you a comfortable night’s sleep.
The ergonomically designed full-body support pillow cradles your neck in the perfect position to relieve pressure points and improve circulation. It also allows you to rest comfortably on your side or back without experiencing any discomfort.
It is perfect for various sleeping postures like sleeping on your side, back, or stomach. Additionally, it relaxes muscles and lessens pain. Therefore you can get more energy to sleep peacefully.
- Ergonomically designed gives your full-body support
- Contoured shape promotes proper alignment for relieving discomfort
- It gently cradles the head and neck while dispersing pressure points
- Ideal for any side sleepers or neck injured patient
- Allows to breathe more comfortably and reduce snoring
- Comes with a concise life
- Too firm to sleep on it
|Size||King – 2 Pack|
|Fill Material||Memory Foam|
|Fabric Type||100% Memory Foam|
This pillow is made of 100% shredded memory foam, and it’s going to support your head, neck, and shoulders, offering you a comfortable experience. Clara Clark’s shredded memory foam pillow is the perfect choice for those who want to get rid of their neck pain, migraines, back pain, and snoring.
This ergonomic pillow offers you a comfortable experience while sleeping. It also relieves pressure points and provides proper spine alignment so that you can have a peaceful night’s sleep.
Its soothing shape promotes better blood circulation in your body, providing you with more oxygen so that you wake up refreshed every single day.
- Ideal for migraines, neck pains, and snoring problems
- Bamboo zippered cover is designed with innovative air-flow technology
- Enhances your posture and keeps your upper body perfectly aligned
- Breathable and therapeutic memory foam provides a great sleeping
- Helps to reduce your back and neck pain
- Adjustment is not that much easy
- The cleaning process is complex
|Item Weight||3.69 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||24.5 x 14 x 4.5 inches|
It is suitable for people with neck pain or cervical spondylitis. The Misiki Memory Foam Pillow is a memory foam pillow with a unique butterfly-shaped design.
This pillow’s contour neck support cradles the head and neck, providing optimal comfort while sleeping. The central cavity of the pillow helps to align the head and neck properly, preventing strain on the muscles in this area.
The wedge extension part supports the thoracic area of your body, helping you maintain proper posture while asleep. This orthopedic pillow also features armrests that allow for optimal positioning and support during sleep sessions.
- Adjust itself according to the pressure exerted on it by head and neck
- Unique design that conforms to the natural curve of your body
- Memory foam helps to contour the shape of your neck and head
- Reduce pressure on the posterior skull, and snoring
- Butterfly-shaped provides customize fit for back and side sleeping
- Problematic for short neck people
- The pillow cover gets dirty quickly
The Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR-Ergo Neck Pillow is our ultimate top pick. It is designed to fit the contours of your neck and head for personalized comfort. Therefore it relieves pressure on sensitive areas, and you can sleep comfortably on any side of your body.
Coop Home Goods – Premium Adjustable Loft Pillow is our best budget pillow. The pillow has been designed with an adjustable loft that allows you to easily adjust the height of your pillow, making it ideal for both back and side sleepers. This feature also makes it easy for you to change your sleeping position throughout the night.
Why Do You Need The Best Pillow For Migraine Sufferers?
If you are suffering from migraine issues, then choosing a pillow is a vital factor for you. You know migraine issues are related to sleep and a better night’s sleep reduces the chance of headache mostly.
Lack of a suitable pillow that aligns the neck and head perfectly leads to different health issues and migraine takes the top place. There are different types of pillows available in the stores focusing on migraine issues.
During the time of sleep, make sure that your sleeping position doesn’t make any effect on your neck and head. Because misalignment of neck and head incorporates migraine triggers.
Pillows that are specially designed for migraines create the right balance between the neck and head. Best pillows for migraine sufferers keep a healthy as well as better sleeping posture and lessens the chance of migraines.
Benefits of the Best Pillow for Migraine Sufferers
Migraine headaches are often debilitating and can make even the simplest tasks difficult. Research has shown that the best pillow for migraine sufferers can help them in many ways-
A migraine attack can cause a person to experience nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light or sound, blurred vision, and extreme pain in one side of the head. A good quality pillow can relieve you from these pains and can elevate your migraine attack.
Good Quality Sleep
A good night’s sleep is crucial for someone with migraines because it helps them reduce stress levels which are often elevated during an attack. If you choose the right pillow, it will help you to provide good quality sleep.
Improve the Migraine Symptoms
A new study conducted by researchers at Johns Hopkins University found that people with migraines experienced an improvement in their symptoms when they slept on a firm surface or elevated their head during periods of intense pain.
Buying Guide – Best Pillow for Migraine Sufferers
When it comes to buying a pillow, many people are looking for the best to alleviate their migraine symptoms. The right type of pillow will depend on your specific needs, and you should follow that carefully-
The loft of your pillow should not be too low or high. It can force your head and neck to bend at an uncomfortable angle and cause discomfort. Therefore sleep experts suggest the right loft for you when purchasing pillows – don’t forget about shoulder width and head size in this equation!
If there is no way that you know what height will work best for necks like yours, then consider buying a pillow with adjustable lofts.
Memory foam and feather pillows are two different types of pillows with very dissimilar benefits. Memory foam is a more durable type of pillow that can last for years if you take proper care to wash it, air dry it, or store it in an appropriate container.
Feather pillows tend not to be as long-lasting because they need frequent washing but provide unbeatable comfort when new – even without being washed! So try to choose a memory foam material’s pillow.
A good pillow should be the perfect height for your head and accommodate all of your necks. This is especially true with cervical pillows that are designed to shape around it instead of leaving any space where there’s no support.
A good pillow provides the best pressure relief by reducing strain on your neck and contouring around pressure points. For optimal comfort, choose a pillow that’s sized appropriately for you and is also soft enough to alleviate any weight put upon it.
Pillow firmness is important to consider when it comes to your head’s resting place. The type of pillow that will work best for you depends on the weight and height between your headrests in bed, what position you sleep most often in, how high or low-quality the mattress.
You’ll want one with enough support but not too much so that any pressure points can form around your ears while sleeping on their side.
There are so many options when it comes to pillows. There’s the standard memory foam pillow you can find at any store that offers bedroom items. Then and then, a variety of specific cervical neck support pillows for those who have trouble getting good night rests or have migraine problems.
Frequently Asked Questions [ FAQ ]
Can pillows help migraines?
There are many different things that can help to alleviate the pain and discomfort of migraines. A specially designed pillow is one of the best solutions to provide comfort on all sides of the head.
What is the best pillow for migraine sufferers?
The best pillow for migraine sufferers is the one that provides adequate support and comfort.
Can a bad pillow give you headaches?
Of course, if you do not use the right kind of pillow for yourself it might give you a bad headache. Therefore to support your head, neck, and shoulder you should use the pillow that suits you best.
We’ve come to the end of our article. The best pillow for migraine sufferers is one that will give you the most support and relief.
Hopefully, you have learned how a good pillow can help manage your migraines, and we hope that this information has been helpful for you in making an informed decision on which product is best for you.